Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stung by a Wasp

We have our nephew from Nova Scotia visiting us here in Eastern Ontario. He has been hired to do renovations and other jobs. One of his jobs is to cut the grass which he completed yesterday. Just as he was finishing this job he was stung several times by a wasp. It is a type of ground wasp and very small, about 10 mm long, as pictured here. His reaction to the stings was quite remarkably minimal, like a mosquito bite. He did apply "Afterbite" immediately which must have helped.