Thursday, April 15, 2004

Walking Pigeon

I have found a live pigeon walking about on my property today. It had a band with the markings CU OTT 2003 3397. It has been here several days but I never noticed the bands until now. The bird seems healthy in that it rests on one leg, has good droppings and seems interested in the food. It does not fly well so it has been walking a lot. The breastbone is quite bare so it may be emaciated to some extent. I have captured it easily and put it in a small cage to protect it from predators including our cats.

Sent an email with this information to crpu@execulink.com for Canadian Racing Pigeon Union, requesting them to contact the owner. Determined that the pigeon belonged to the Centennial Homing Club which is local. Club contact information is in my planner.

No comments: